Cardboard Box DIY

Okay so we received this big box. It was from a new saw someone in our family bought! I was super pumped because I have been begging friends and family for large boxes. (Pinterest makes cardboard boxes look super easy).
So the day after I bought this box I was at a Thrift Store and saw this really long piece of fabric the EXCAT same color scheme as our playroom! Talk about destiny. When I got home I couldn’t help but start cutting away at the box and fabric making it all fit. We made half swing doors with a little latch on the inside and a swirl knob on the outside. Isaac insisted the box needed a chimney so we added that too. I put some more of the leftover fabric on the floor or the box as a rug and even made some “picture frames” to decorate the inside!
This really was a super easy project and I basically just used materials from home and tried to get creative with it. The kids LOVE it! Plus it matches my playroom! The only downside being that I have some spray paint in my hair.. oh well.
DIY – Breakdown of the whole thing:
1. Cut the box (cut the doors and any windows you desire).
2. Cover in fabric where you want it! (Doesn’t have to be perfect, just cool looking!)
3. Paint/color extras. Picture frames, chimneys, door knobs and latches if you want, and glue them on. I suggest hot glue, lasts longer.
4. Add some pillows, blankets or books!
5. Ta-da, you look like a super crafty mama and the kids have a new toy to distract them for a few months!
Have fun crafting mamas! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts