Daily Routines

Fall has officially started. New baby is here, kindergarten has started and a new routine is calling my name!!
I am currently staying home with both my girls (two years and three weeks). We drive Isaac to school of choice daily and then we go home for GIRL TIME. I am creature of habit. If we don’t have a set routine, I'll probably rip my hair out.
So to insure mama keeps her sanity, Audrey isn’t bored out of her mind and Aurora gets taken care of… I created a routine. I left ours pretty open and didn’t crush it down to 15 minute intervals so we could change it up every once in awhile without straying off the routine.
Here is what I created and below it are some tips for creating your own routine!!


I wake up earlier then the kids so I can shower, get dressed, feed baby etc. It is basically the closest thing to “alone time” I have and I cherish it.
Crunching times down to half hours helps make sure breakfast, snacks and lunch doesn’t stay out all day. A set time to eat – you get what you get.
Free play is important even for toddlers!! This is the time mama is near but not hovering. Imaginative and independent play is encouraged. Don’t make a big deal out of whatever mess they make during this time. Take the last 5-10 minutes and make that clean up time. Sing a song, help them out but encourage them to do most of the work. The rest of the time, JUST LET THEM PLAY!
We have school of choice for my kindergartener, so I have to drive him. This means a little more time in the car so I gave more time for free play before and after.
A circle time isn’t for all toddlers, if it doesn’t work for you don’t do it. My daughter loves sitting down talking, reading stories and learning crafts. We just take a few minutes to work on whatever I have planned, a “morning board” which helps track days, weather and name work and special songs. Then we do an art, some days it’s a big painting project, some days it’s just stickers and crayons. You don’t have to go all out everyday, just make sure little one is doing something fun! On days we don’t do art I have a “special”. My favorite specials are sensory bins, a messy activity outside, or anything themed!!
“Move It Time” is important for toddlers. One outside time a day can make kids antsy. This is a time where I put on YouTube children's songs and we dance together, or we do “baby yoga / work outs” together or just a few extra minutes of outdoor time. Anything that gets little one really MOVING!! We always do this together, bonding time. (:
Lunch and naptime is a must, obviously. Since we go to bed kind of early I limit naptime to two hours. A short snack time is so we have more Free play time before we head out!
I leave early so we can play at the park before we pick up daddy and brother. If weather isn’t playing nice we find another move it activity or occasionally just relax in front of the TV.
Free play is when Audrey's pants come off, her little knee socks go on and I take her training potty into the playroom. She can see it while we plays and (hopefully) remember to use it and practice with it! We are also working on sleeping in our big girl bed, starting with naptime.
Mama can feed, change and cuddle baby during free plays and naps, so no one gets neglected!
So there is our weekdays. Drop some comments on your daily routines and how you keep Little ones busy during the day. 

Comments

Popular Posts