DIY Photos

I love pictures of my family. Like seriously love them. I try to take pictures whenever I can no matter what my kids look like. (I try to scrapbook but I'm like 10 years behind). However, professional photos are SUCH a hassle. Finding a trustworthy artist who is available whenever you wake up and decide your children look so great they need photos? Not impossible. But not easy. The really hard part is affording it. The great artists? Cost. A lot.
Solution? Take your own pictures. Now I'm not claiming to be a pro, I’m not. But IPhone take great photos, and other phones too. They won’t be perfect, but they will fill a scrapbook and capture the memories for years to come.
I usually just throw my kids in a cute outfit on a sunny day and head to a near by park. I’m working on different venues and if you have ideas, drop them in the comments.
I let my kids do their thing and just run in circles grabbing different shots. I take like 200 and wait until they go to bed to edit on a free editor from the app store.
I seriously love the shots I get, again, not perfect, but I'm in love. Did I mention free? Pro pics are always great, and for the big events you don’t mind spending on. But I have three kids and an obsession with documenting their lives, so free is always better. Plus if they aren’t feeling pictures that day and I don’t get cute ones or they just turn out blah, no sweat.
If you aren’t feeling the IPhone cameras or have a lower quality camera maybe invest in a nicer camera, not a crazy expensive one, but lots of Walmart cameras will get the job done. If you take enough photos it will be totally worth it. I personally plan on begging for one for my birthday. (:
Here are some of my most recent shots, these totally weren’t even planned and my phone was on 15% battery. Just a normal day at the park, saved forever.






















Comments

Popular Posts