The Ice Cream Truck Nightmare.

We moved like three months ago, and we just so happened to buy a house in a neighborhood my family lived in for twenty years. On like the second night we actually slept here, the ice cream truck came.
Now this was great because for the past year we lived in a different house, it was in the back. Like the back where the ice cream truck never goes. We could always hear it, but we never caught it. So when we saw this ice cream truck cruising on by our house, we got excited. Too excited. We made this big deal and got the kids way hyped. “Look guys the ice cream truck!” “Let’s go, hurry hurry!” We ran down the street to catch the truck. I mentioned that I basically grew up in this neighborhood right? Yeah. Well turns out the ice cream truck lady had been the same lady for like over thirty years. She actually recognized me. I was all polite, “oh yeah we just moved down the street”. “This is my family.” All cool right? The kids picked out their ice cream, Kyle and I got some. We walked home and ate ice cream before dinner because we were so pumped. Talking about how cool the ice cream truck was, blah blah blah.
We messed up as parents. Bad. Now not only does my four year old hear the ice cream truck coming from like a mile away, my one year old stands at the door and says “i ceam, i ceam”, pointing and getting all excited. Bad, right? As if that wasn’t enough though, because, parent guilt is totally a thing. She drives her truck by.. so.. slow. Like I swear a turtle could beat this woman driving. She cruises on by and waves to my kids because our front door is usually open in the afternoon. And she comes every freaking day. Every. Freaking. Day.
I miss not having an ice cream truck come down our street, at least then it wasn’t our fault. Someone send help please, my only hope now is that she finally retires and we can escape the nightmare of spending five dollars a day on ice cream. I hear the music in my nightmares…

Comments

Popular Posts