Wipe Box DIY

Audrey (my two year old) got a little bored today. I know right, poor baby girl it’s not like she has two rooms full of toys, books, stuffed animals and everything a child could want.
But it’s my mama job to make sure she isn’t bored. We dug through my craft box and managed to find an old wipe box, some scrapbook paper and some cute little buttons someone once gave me. I covered the wipe box in a cute blue paper that Audrey picked out with my glue gun. While the glue dried I took a marker and drew numbers on the buttons and on the box and some cute arrows pointing to the drop in.
Thats it! Seriously I put the box in front of Audrey and handed her the butons and she has been playing for 20 minutes.
I’m sure it will eventually get broken or lost but it’s a good distraction from reading 800 books so mama can get some laundry and dishes done! Plus we had fun making it.
This is a great toy for fine motor skills (depending on what size the buttons or whatever you put in are!). The numbered buttons are obviously great for counting skills!




Comments

Popular Posts